New toasties, sandwiches, wraps and biscuits are to feature in Pret A Manger’s autumn menu, which also includes Pret’s first range of toasted focaccias.
The focaccias, which are made with a light olive oil and rosemary, include Brie & Bacon; Salt Beef & Pickles; and Mozzarella, Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes.
“Toasties have always been really popular with our customers and we knew the time had come to bring out a new hot sandwich. We think our toasted focaccias are perfect for warming up chilly autumn lunchtimes,” said Hannah Dolan, global head of food innovation at Pret.
“Libby, one of our food innovation managers, went the extra mile in the kitchen to make sure we had a delicious focaccia, before we started pairing it with the toppings. She worked on the perfect ratio of oil, rosemary and salt to create a light, crisp bread that is delicious when toasted, but that also complements the ingredients inside, and gives a really rich, warming taste.”
Nine new recipes have been introduced in a shake-up of the soup menu and Pret’s Gluten-Free Bread, which was introduced in April, will now also be available as Pret’s Gluten-Free Soup Bread.
Two new sweet treats have been added to the bakery counter, including a Ginger Snap Biscuit and Pret’s Pecan & Caramel Cookie, made with chunks of pecan, caramel, toffee and white chocolate.
The full list of bakery NPD comprises:
- Brie & Bacon Toasted Focaccia (rrp from £4.50): focaccia filled with slices of brie, streaky bacon, sweet caramelised onion chutney and rocket
- Mozzarella, Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes Toasted Focaccia (rrp from £4.50): focaccia filled with slices of mozzarella, pine nut and basil pesto, roasted tomatoes, red pepper, Italian cheese and fresh basil leaves
- Salt Beef & Pickles Toasted Focaccia (rrp from £4.50): focaccia filled with salt beef, sliced greve cheese, pickled cabbage and carrot, and gherkins, served with rocket and a dollop of mustard mayo
- Classic Cheese & Spring Onions Toastie (rrp from £3.99): mature cheddar cheese, mozzarella and Italian cheese, with spring onions and a dollop of English mustard mayo
- Pulled Ham, Egg & Pickles Baguette (rrp from £3.50): pulled ham on a bed of a sliced free-range egg and gherkins, with mustard mayo and mayo, and topped with rocket
- Mexican Sweet Potatoes Wrap (rrp from £3.50): roasted diced sweet potatoes coated with chipotle ketchup on a bed of refried black beans with sliced red pepper, sweetcorn salsa, pickled onions, spinach and fresh coriander
- Ginger Snap Biscuit (rrp from £1.45): a classic crunchy ginger snap biscuit with pieces of candied ginger
- Pret’s Pecan & Caramel Cookie (rrp from £1.45): cookie dough with chunks of pecan, caramel, toffee and white chocolate.